Instadose 2 Overview
The Instadose 2 dosimeter is the latest generation of Instadose that measures Beta dose in addition to Gamma and X-ray exposure. This closes the loop for monitoring radiation exposure in the workplace for those in the nuclear industry. Instadose 2 is read any time you want using a wireless communication protocol through your cell phone or computer. No need to plug it in, just hit the read button while connected with your smart device (cell phone or Bluetooth hot spots) and you will instantly get your dose. It helps Radiation Safety Officers and Practice Managers save time managing dosimetry programs by:
- Eliminating the badge collection and shipping process
- Automatic or “push button” wireless reading of dosimeters
- Immediate tracking and controlling dose for high risk employees
- Reading intervals set (with Bluetooth hub) for dose trending
- Alerting e-mails sent when a dose exceeds a user-specified level
- Taking daily “soft reads” allowing identification of high dose events
- Providing an online interface for dosimetry record keeping
- Allowing online badge reassignment
With our online Account Management Program (AMP) account administrators can manage all the elements of a radiation monitoring program online anytime, from anywhere. From account administration to managing individual wearers and devices, AMP provides real-time access to account details, device assignments, reports, and all pertinent account information.
TECHNOLOGY BEHIND THE INSTADOSE 2
Instadose 2 dosimeters use Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Technology to transmit dose data. The following communication devices are used to capture reads from Instadose 2 badges that are within range:
- Smart devices with BLE technology with the instadose app installed – free!
- PCs with an instaLink-USB connected
- instaLink Hotspot Stations
A configurable calendar is used to set automatic read dates. At the scheduled date, the badge will attempt to transmit data to Mirion’s secure servers. If communication does not occur, the badge will attempt to communicate every hour for 24 hours without intervention.
If the dosimeter is unable to communicate, the data will be stored until the next successful connection is established. Additionally, manual reads can be performed at any time by pressing the button on the back of the badge.
SECURE WEB-BASED MANAGEMENT
Our web-based Account Management Program (AMP+) is a streamlined secure web-based account management system. From managing individual wearers, devices, and locations, we provide real-time access to account details, dosimeter assignments, reports, and pertinent account information.
INSTADOSE APP FOR YOUR SMART DEVICES
The instadose app for smart devices is an application software that securely communicates dose data to Mirion’s servers. The app allows you to view dose history, dosimeter assignment details, dose reads, and status.
DOSE COMMUNICATION PRODUCTS
- instaLink™ USB: Capture and transmit dose data to Mirion’s secure servers from your computer with an instaLink USB. For the instaLink USB to work it must be connected and the “id2monitor” driver must be installed. The minimum BLE communication range is 25’ with greater range possible depending on the physical environment and straight line of sight.
- instaLink™ HotSpot Stations: instaLink Hotspot Stations securely capture and transmit dose data to Mirion’s servers. The BLE communication range is 25’ or greater depending on the physical environment and straight line of sight. The instaLink Hotspot station can be connected to your network by Ethernet or WiFi. The HotSpot measures 8” x 4”.
|Technical Specifications||instadose+ Dosimeter|
|Description||Direct Ion Storage device with BLE Technology|
|Badge Type||Dual Detectors [Deep: Hp(10) and Shallow: Hp(0.07)]|
|Accreditations/Approvals/Licenses||In the United States under NVLAP (lab code: 100555-0)|
|Minimum Reportable Dose||10 mrem (0.05 mSv)|
|Useful Dose Range||10 mrem – 500 rem* (0.01 mSv – 5 Sv)|
|Energy Response||Photon 5 keV – 6 MeV|
|Beta ≥ 0.8 MeV|
iPad and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Mirion Technologies is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
©Copyright 2013, All rights reserved. For trademark and registered trademark information. Specifications are subject to occasional change, please ask for confirmation of the information given in this publication.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.